Monday 1 October 2012

Happy 80th Birthday Aunty Ria!!

We decided to go to Durban to visit Aunty Ria for her 80th birthday.  With her birthday being on Monday 1st October, we thought it would be good to visit her on the weekend as Monday is always hectic for us.

We flew down on Friday night and stayed at the City Lodge in Umhlanga Ridge.  The hotel was lovely and situated in walking distance from Gateway - my favorite shopping centre!

The view from our room

On Saturday morning we went for breakfast and did some shopping.  Then we were off to visit Aunty Ria.  We had a lovely afternoon chatting and catching up.  We hadn't seen her in eactly a year so there was lots to chat about!

My darling Aunty Ria

Saturday evening we went for dinner at Primi.  We had a long, relaxed dinner and Mr Zee even had a few beers - AMAZING!  


Sunday morning we were up and ready to head back home.  We had breakfast at the hotel, then I had a quick walk on the beach and we were off to the Airport.




Sea sand on my feet - I love it!

A perfect day

I got to do the three things I wanted - visit, shop and walk on the beach so all in all it was a perfect weekend for me!

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect weekend ... It would have been nice to have come back a bit later so you could have walked on the beach a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete