Tuesday 27 September 2011

Back to work

Since my last post we are safely home after a welcome break.  Unfortunately, the weather was mostly miserable but we got to really relax!  The days were mainly cloudy, cool and very windy - not beach weather at all.  The sea was rough and the water really chilly - I think I have the misconception that it's always summer at the coast, but then again we have never been on holiday in September before.  Nevertheless I could have stayed for another week but Gordon can't be stuck inside for too long!

We walked around the shopping centres, took a drive to Ballito, visited Aunty Ria and took long walks along the promenade every afternoon.  There were loads of people on holiday, either older people with no children and then young couples with children not in school yet. There's construction going on the beachfront - paving the walkway, etc. - I guess getting it all ready for the December holidays.  On Thursday night we checked the weather forecast and there was a 60% chance of rain so it was decided we would be coming home a day earlier...


My darling Aunty Ria, someone I love without reservation!

A view of the beach at Ballito

Not a happy fella!

Sunrise before we left on Friday

Homeward bound!

On Friday morning we left at around 07h00 and stopped at the Wimpy in Harrismith for breakfast. We arrived home at around 13h00.



On Saturday the children were all busy so we got to see them on Sunday. I love having all the kids at home together!  Monday was spent shopping, going to the bank, visiting my Mom and catching up on e-mails and in the evening I visited Wendy. Today it's back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment