Thursday 15 September 2011

Wednesday 13 September - Happy Birthday Nana!

Nana and I


Dean took this pic of Nana and I on her birthday.  She has been part of our family for 21 incredible years. Her name is actually  Linah but when she came to work for us and look after Dean when he was 18 months old, he couldn't say her name properly and "Nana" is what he started calling her and now that is what she is know by our whole family. She has seen my three children grow from little people into adults and now parents.  We often have a good laugh about it and my nickname for her is "Mrs Forget" and she tells me I am getting old now and I am a "Goggo" - which I think means Granny in English!

Nana is the most loyal, caring and amazing woman.  She has been through some really tough times herself and has always come out on top.  We all love her and appreciate everything she has done and still does to make our lives so comfortable!  I hope when I turn 58 I still have as much energy and enthusiasm as Nana has.  I thank God for this wonderful woman - I couldn't have done it without her!

1 comment:

  1. Yebo Goggo ... Nana is very special.
    See you later sista

    ReplyDelete